Swadhisthana ( "one's own base") or sacral chakra is symbolised by a white lotus within which is a crescent moon, with six vermilion, or orange petals.
Swadhisthana chakra is located just above the genital organs (below the naval). It is responsible for the flowing of energy between yourself and your loved ones. If your energies are dominant in Swadhisthana, you are a pleasure seeker.When life force energy comes to the second chakra (Swadhisthana), it manifests as sexual energy or creative or procreative energy.The main issues involving Svadhishthana are relationships, violence, addictions, basic emotional needs, and pleasure. Physically, Svadhishthana governs reproduction, mentally it governs creativity, emotionally it governs joy, and spiritually it governs enthusiasm.
The Colour associated with this chakra: Orange
The mantra Sound for Activation of this Chakra is: Vam
Raga for activating this chakra is: Yaman, Gujri Todi
Music Note associated with this Chakra: Re
Planets associated with this chakra: Mercury
Asotrological signs associated with this Chakra: Gemini & Virgo
Shakti associated with this Chakra is: Rakini Shakti
Practices for activating Swadhisthana Chakra:
1. Asanas (yogic postures) - Asana is defined as "posture;" its literal meaning is "seat." Asanas greatly stimulate and influence the functioning of the endocrine system. The following asanas are useful in awakening sacral chakra: bhujangasana, shashankasana, dhanurasana and shashank-bhujangasana.
2. Vajroli Mudra (for men) - Vajra means thunderbolt in Sanskrit. A mudra or "seal" is a symbolic or ritual gesture. Vajroli mudra (the thunderbolt) stimulates the genitals with prana activated blood. The object of vajroli mudra is to be perfectly established in brahmacharya (purity, chastity, non-lust) and to control the contraction and release of the urinary passage in the male body.
3. Sahajoli Mudra (for women) - Sahajoli means "strong" or "mighty" in Sanskrit. This practice involves physical contraction of muscles around the urethra and directing the energy upward. The object of sahajoli mudra is also to be perfectly established in brahmacharya and to control the contraction and release of the urinary passage in the female body.
4. Ashwini Mudra - Ashwa means “horse” in Sanskrit. In this mudra (gesture), a similar movement of expansion and contraction of the anus of a horse is expected. It involves the contraction and relaxation of the anal sphincter muscles causing a rise in pranic energy.
Siddhis associated with this Chakra is:
- Knowledge Of The Arrangement Of Stars And Planets
- Mastery Of The Elements (Water)
- Mastery Over The Five Senses Of The Body (Taste)
Acharya Sumedh Narayan Soni
(Jyotish Visharad , Vastu Ratan)